THANK YOU EASTERN IOWA
The 2022 Coats for Kids Campaign is upon us! Last year we received 300 gently used coats and raised $30,000 which helped us purchase 1,500 brand new coats. With your help, we could raise even more this year!
Coat donation boxes will be located at each of our Show You Care sponsors and Citywide Cleaners. The specific addresses are listed below.
- Dave Wright Suburu – 999 Boyson Road, Hiawatha, IA
- Eells & Tronvold Law Offices, PLC – 1921 51st St. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Green State Credit Union
- Cedar Rapids – 2340 Edgewood Road SW
- Iowa City – 825 Mormon Trek Blvd
- Cedar Falls – 3409 Cedar Heights Drive
- Dubuque – 1805 John F. Kennedy Drive
- Mercy Care
- Cedar Rapids –
- Mercy Care North (Health Plaza) – 5264 Council St. NE
- Mercy Care North - 701 10th Street SE
- North Lobby Level 1
- Lundy Pavilion Lobby – Level G
- Hall Perrine Cancer Center Lobby
- Mercy Care South – 2815 Edgewood Rd SW
- Marion – 3701 Katz Drive
- North Liberty – 1765 Lininger Lane
- Cedar Rapids –
- Citywide Cleaners – 838 1st Ave NE
We are also partnering with Operation Warm this year, a national nonprofit organization where we can purchase new, quality made coats in bulk. Click the link below to donate directly to Coats for Kids! All donations are tax deductible, and you will receive a receipt immediately after donating from Operation Warm directly.
If you would like to donate via check, please make the check out to KCRG Coats for Kids and mail them to the below address. Checks will be cashed through Operation Warm, and you will receive a tax receipt.
- KCRG Coats for Kids
- C/O Laura Janssen
- 501 2nd Ave SE
- Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
We also have some new fundraising initiatives this year!
- Days of Giving – local establishments are donating a percentage of their sales to the Coats for Kids Campaign each Wednesday from September 21st through October 26th. Check out the calendar below for more details!
- Pie for a Cause – for every $10,000 raised a member of our First Alert Weather Team will take a pie to the face on the air!
- Coats for Kids Benefit Fundraiser – Saturday October 8th at the Chrome Horse
- Come enjoy great food, music, raffle prizes, and more!
- Chamber Music Concert – Friday October 21st at the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
- Beautiful violin music from John Schultz of Schultz Strings
- Tickets and additional information coming soon!
A list of distribution points will be provided at the end of this year’s campaign, where you can pick up a coat.